Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • What Do You Think of the New Website?

What Do You Think of the New Website?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Forum News What Do You Think of the New Website?

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

As the name implies I’m looking for opinions on the new website. If you have comments or suggestions post them here.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      paulpaul
      Participant

amazing job it is awesome. 🙂 B) 😉

MarkMark
        Participant

I think it’s fantastic! :woohoo: It appears to be operating a little slowly, but it’s still a vast improvement from it’s former self.

A toyotakarlIts me

I think the new site is great… I like the lightness of it. Very fresh looking!

-Karl!

twiggytwiggy
            Participant

I like it because everything is so easy to read and locate with this awesome color scheme and fonts you have going here.

Only small issue is that I can’t access this website from work anymore as evidently we use an older version of IE and I don’t have administrative privileges to update it. No biggie I just have to wait until I get home where it works great with Firefox.

college mancollege man

I think the sight looks great. Well done. Alot of
                information right at your finger tips. This site
                is at another level. Eric and Wyatt please take a
                bow. Awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMLiqEqMQyQ

Walter CherybaWalter Cheryba
                Participant

Even with tight Administrative rights you still might be able to download Mozilla Firefox as an alternate web browser. You might not be able to watch the videos yet you can still connect. I had the same IE issue and tight rights-was still able to do the Mozilla-no one complained.

drthrift035drthrift035
                  Participant

I could not wait to see what you were going to do with the site. Great job !!!! I feel like I just moved into my very own NEW HOME.

Wyatt TalleyWyatt Talley
                    Participant

just changed the forum color. Hopefully better on peoples eyes!

college mancollege man

[quote=”onyx” post=67863]just changed the forum color. Hopefully better on peoples eyes![/quote]

Much better thanks Onyx. 🙂

BillBill
                        Participant

It’s now an outstanding class website. First class job just like everything else you do.

Coty MillerCoty Miller
                          Participant

It’s awesome, but when can I expect to see the embedded video problem resolved? It just comes up blank on both ie10 and chrome (under windows and Linux Mint). I have to quote things so I can get links, I think I’ve mentioned it before somewere… :stick:

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
                            Keymaster

[quote=”dohc-kindaguy” post=68063]It’s awesome, but when can I expect to see the embedded video problem resolved? It just comes up blank on both ie10 and chrome (under windows and Linux Mint). I have to quote things so I can get links, I think I’ve mentioned it before somewere… :stick:[/quote]

That’s likely an issue with your browser as links post just fine for the majority of people on the site. Perhaps you need the latest flash player installed or to update your browser and clear the cache. Here’s some links you might find helpful.

https://www.ericthecarguy.com/forum/9-ETCG-Suggestion-Box/44938-posting-an-embedded-video-youtube-in-the-forum

https://www.ericthecarguy.com/forum/9-ETCG-Suggestion-Box/45665-how-to-attach-and-post-a-picture-to-the-forum

Coty MillerCoty Miller
                              Participant

I actually just realized ie10 was blocking it due to it being “insecure content” as it’s 3rd party not over https, I’ll have to look and see if Firefox (I meant firefox) is doing the same. I do have the latest version of flash, but it would be nice to see a fallback that would display a link if the content was blocked or if flash player wasn’t installed, especially since youtube is moving to html5 rendering flash player mostly obsolete…

I wasn’t having a problem on other car sites, but now that I see that your the only one serving over https, that explains it…

EDIT: It seems firefox is no longer doing it… huh… I guess it must have been adblock with firefox…

Sorry for my accusations. kthxbai

Wyatt TalleyWyatt Talley
                                Participant

yeah when we stream content from youtube its over an insecure channel and cannot hep that without making youtube got more secure.

Dave OlsonDave
                                  Participant

I like the new design but it runs a lot slower than before

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  Loading…