Menu

1996 Chevy corsica power problems

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 1996 Chevy corsica power problems

• Creator
    Topic
    Sean AhernSean Ahern
    Participant

I have a 96 Chevy corsica 2.2 v4 and it started out after I did a oil change on it. Where you pour the oil into the vehicle right below it is the o2 sensor. Well when I filled the car back up with oil I got some on it. Didnt think of messing it up well about a week goes by and I start having some performance issues when I start the car sometimes it’s really hard to start and others it starts right up but when you start going and you press on the gas after the car has been off it seems like it starts to give power for a instant then just almost does and you let go of the gas petal it evens back out. When I’m at a light it doesn’t like to idle. When your idleing you can hear the engine sometimes switch from almost high revving to almost wanting to die and you have to give it gas or it will die. Sometimes when your driving it it will be normal then all of a sudden your only firing on 2 cylinders or 3 cylinders then all of a sudden it wont give you any gas at all. I put a reader up too it and its saying “bank 1 too lean ‘ but the thing is it could be very many things. I know a lot about cars but I’m not no professional and I definitely can’t figure out what’s wrong with it. Truthfully I’m extremely broke and I’m trying to get my car fixed because I have family things I need to attend to in another town. I’ve changed the o2 sensor and I was going to change the throttle control and the idle air control but when I got them in mail they were wrong so I haven’t been able to do very much more to fix the problem. I’ve did a noid test on the idle air control and when I start the engine it started flashing both red and green but I dont no what that means. If you could help me that would make me the happiest person alive

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Dave TidmanDave Tidman
      Participant

what was the code you got from the scan? What are your ST and LT fuel trims?

Sean AhernSean Ahern
        Participant

I can’t remember what the code it was and what is the st and lt fuel trim?

Sean AhernSean Ahern
          Participant

It was bank one fuel too lean

Sean AhernSean Ahern
            Participant

The code is p0562 and then it says a 97 code for a oxygen sensor heater resistance bank 2 sensor 3

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…