Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • ford focus ST mk2 or any Volvo T5 (B5254T3) engine

ford focus ST mk2 or any Volvo T5 (B5254T3) engine

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Common Problems/Pattern Failures ford focus ST mk2 or any Volvo T5 (B5254T3) engine

• Creator
    Topic
    RobRob
    Participant

Feeling a little bad for my 1st post been a trouble shooting one even though ive been a follower of the website and Eric’s videos for a long time.

So an extremely common fault on these engines and one i believe almost all have within a few years of manufacture is a noise coming from what sounds like the cam belt cover which at the time is very worrying it sounds like the water pump bearing on its last legs a kinda “chirp” if anyone has heard that! it is actually the oil filter housing that develops a small crack and whistles as it pulls air as the oil runs through! One sure way to check if it is this and not the water pump bearing is to pull the dipstick if the noise stops or reduces greatly you almost certainly need a oil filter housing! As i recall when it happened to me it cost me roughly £220 including parts and labor! I really hope this helps someone as i was really worried when i heard the noise as it sounded waaaaaay more expensive!!! Lmao 😛

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…