Menu

really?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Car Audio really?

• Creator
    Topic
    JasonJason
    Participant

i thought there would be more people into car audio on here, ive been in car audio for my whole life. and i love it, cant have a car without a system in it. have had my same amp since i was 15. would not trade that thing for nothing! had multiple subs and boxes. bunch of dif head units. always going bigger amp kits. dual amp setups. even have the option of 3 or 4 amps with my current amp kit. i thought that car audio was bigger still. guess im wrong

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Gary BrownGary
      Participant

I’m a bit of an audiophile as I play the guitar and prefer to listen to music in the best quality possible. I am also an avid Vinyl record collector as Vinyl is the rawest and most lossless format there is. As far as car audio is concerned, there was a time when I was more into it and I agree, driving down the road is great with some music from a great sound system. However, my trucks electrical system will not permit amps/subs as is and I do want to keep it era correct. That said, if I had a more modern vehicle I wouldn’t hesitate to put a great sound system in it. If your looking for people to talk car audio with they have alot of dedicated sites out there. Most of the stuff we do here is mechanical and service stuff.

KenKen
        Participant

I used to be really into audio. Then I figured out the money I spent on that stuff could be spent on more useful things. Like tools and more vehicles. Now I might swap a head unit or install a small powered sub, but nothing that would compromise the utility of my vehicle.

JasonJason
          Participant

love your truck man, but i know that the electrical system in one of those can take a aftermarket system, that what i had all my gear in before i got this explorer, 77 c10 and before that i had it all in a 85 c10 love having huge amounts of bass in a single cab pickup.

Jonathan BurchJonathan Burch
            Participant

I used to be into it as well until I got a job working with loud equipment. Time in the car was better enjoyed for the quiet at that point.

I’d like to get back into it now, but I need something a little more audio friendly than the daily driver.

GregGreg
              Participant

Things are a lot different now. Take new GM’s for instance the radio has a module that needs to report back to the body control module. You remove the radio and put an aftermarket unit other stuff stops working because the module is missing. Other manufactures have similar issues.

Christopher WilsonChristopher Wilson
                Participant

I love car audio and also wonder why more people don’t post, but i guess this forum is mainly helping people repair things. I personally have two systems, one is a full on Mmats pro audio amp and dual 12″ subs and the other is a hifonics dual 12″ subs with an audiopipe amp. The hifonics move a lot of air and hit hard because of how light they are, but nothing can beat a nice mmats system no matter how heavy they may be.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Loading…