Menu

Battery Terminal Replacement

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge ETCG Suggestion Box Battery Terminal Replacement

• Creator
    Topic
    Jacob AustinJacob Austin
    Participant

Hi Eric,

In the last video when you were inspecting the new Acura you pointed out the battery terminal. I know you have mentioned in several videos to avoid the use of this type if at all possible.

I have a 1992 Dakota that I bought in the spring and one of the things on my list is the battery terminals. Someone installed this style and I am not happy with the end result. I just wondered was there a specific type out there that you would recommend? Or should I look for some OEM cables to strip from a donor truck in the salvage yard?

It might not be enough for a video topic on its own, but if you plan to address this on your car maybe you could provide your insight somewhere along the way.

Thank you!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
      Keymaster

Thanks for the request.

I’ve already shot my solution to that problem and it will be featured in the ‘major service’ video in the TL series. Not saying that you need to use that specific type of terminal, but anything is better than the ones that were on the car originally.

I also covered this in the #ETCGDadsTruck series.

The short answer is I don’t have a particular type of terminal I prefer, just not the cheap ones you saw in the TL inspection video.

You can find a ton of choices on Amazon just by searching for ‘battery terminal’.

Thanks again for your request.

Jacob AustinJacob Austin
        Participant

Thank you for your insight Eric. I’ll check out the links and Amazon. I’ve had success finding replacement parts there, and you can’t beat the 2 day shipping.

I’m looking forward to the TL videos as well. There is something about taking an abused vehicle and breathing new life into it that is close to my heart.

Thank you again for the response!

Keymaster

Here’s that video.

Jacob AustinJacob Austin
            Participant

Thank you Eric, and Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Keymaster

Thank you! Same to you and yours!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…