Menu

Ultra Gas Mileage Project?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge ETCG Suggestion Box Ultra Gas Mileage Project?

• Creator
    Topic
    Alistair McClureAlistair McClure
    Participant

I’ve been enjoying the gradual refinement of the Fairmont project, it’s like the kind of thing some of my friends attempted when I was a teenager in the 70s, except done properly and with wisdom. I know it’s going to be a work in progress for s little while yet but with the fuel injection the bulk of the big mods must be done (or maybe not?). Anyways I was thinking that it would be cool to see a project car at the other end if the spectrum, something relatively cheap which aims at getting super economy while still being driveable. Maybe based on a Honda Flit? Applying every trick to lighten it, reduce rolling resistance and improve efficiency might be fun and instructive. You could even tow it behind the Fairmont as a spare & keep your tools in it …

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
      Keymaster

Thanks for the suggestion! Honestly, I don’t want to think about project cars right now. I’m in the middle of #ETCGDadsTruck build and time is very short. All I can think about is getting it done. Once it is done, I’ll be traveling on the car show circuit for a bit. After that, I’m going to decide what to do next.

I’ve actually had ideas for building a zero emissions vehicle. I don’t want to say too much about it, but the thought has crossed my mind.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

Alistair McClureAlistair McClure
        Participant

Ah, I can see you are WAY ahead of my thinking … also I forgot EricTheCarGuysDadsTruck project … It’s very wise not to spread one’s self too thin and hopefully ETCG will be around for years to come so the zero emissions device will surely happen at some point. Best wishes, Alistair

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…