Menu

Fairmont updates

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge ETCG Suggestion Box Fairmont updates

• Creator
    Topic
    Max MorrowMax Morrow
    Participant

I am thinking about taking a drive to Ohio and finding out for myself what is happening with the Fairmont. Maybe I will write Chip Foose and see if he will break into your shop and finish it. He could do it in a week, right? I am hoping you can have it ready for spring, early summer 2018. What is left to do, what is up next? I am headed to the Pomona classic auto swap meet Sunday C10 is not ready yet, maybe October? Most of the Honda repair guys thing you have lost your mind but there are a lot of guys that would follow your build if we could find a way to connect.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
      Keymaster

All I have left is the roll bar and exhaust. I’m hoping to have those wrapped up in the next couple of weeks. If all goes to plan, it’ll be on the road in early September.

BTW I have posted update videos for Premium Members of this website.

As for the haters, I’m not worried. I’m sure they’ll come around when the car is done.

Thanks for your comment.

Max MorrowMax Morrow
        Participant

Every time I watch a video Oliver is in the background in what appears to be a state of disassembling that is going to take a great deal of time to complete. All the great work you have done on stiffening the chassis is going to make the body reassemble a little more difficult. When I miss a self-imposed dead line it has a very negative effect on my motivation so I am trying to move away from hard dead lines. If they are commenting they are watching and that’s all good. Thanks for the great work.

Ian WilliamsIan Williams
          Participant

not far to go now , it’s been great to share the journey with you , I have been re-watching the early videos from when you first bought “Oliver” , can’y believe the progress made ,

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
            Keymaster

Yes, it is apart ATM. However, everything has been fitted which is what takes the most time. That means that once I get the roll bar done, I can reassemble the car and start it up. That won’t take more than a couple of hours to get the engine in and running. The body panels and doors will take a little longer, but not by much.

As for the difficulty, I’ve thought of that. I’m using swing outs for the side supports that can be removed for easier reassembly and service.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…