Menu

Noise on 2005 Lexus es330

• Creator
    Topic
    BenjaminBenjamin
    Participant

Looking for some help diagnosing a CLUNK noise coming from front end. The noise happens in a couple different ways. When I back out of a space, hit the brake and then accelerate, a singular loud clunk noise happens. It will not happen again except if sitting at a sign or light and then do initial accelerating again. It will not be all the time, but sometimes. Also noticed it if coming from a parking space and accelerating and doing a sharp turn at the same time. Once again, it is a singular CLUNK noise. It may be just the initial acceleration making the noise and it’s in my head that it involves the turning, but I am open to any diagnosis** Went pulling and leak checking, but nothing was obvious to me. Tire wear is even and no issues with steering or pulling. Once again, it is only from dead stop or very very minimal roll and singular noise.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Dave TidmanDave Tidman
      Participant

Noises are difficult to diagnose over the internet, you sort of have to hear it.

Have you looked this over?

https://www.ericthecarguy.com/faq/diagnosing-noises-in-your-car

If you safely and securely put the car on jackstands and accelerate, does the noise still happen? Have you checked the strut bearings (if your car has struts)?

good luck

BenjaminBenjamin
        Participant

If I put the car up and accelerate, no, the noise doesn’t occur.
          Everything about the struts are good.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…