Participant

PARTS ALREADY REPLACED.
      Distributor
      timing kit
      ECU
      Ignition
      ICM
      Battery
      Fuses and relays are good triple checked.

I dont know if this is the proper place for my post. Im hoping someone can help me as Im out of ideas. My father’s 99 Honda was running fine he took it to dinner ate came out and it wouldnt start. I took a look at the car and noticed it has a no spark issue. I replaced the ICM with no luck I than began a step by step elimination of possible problems. I discovered no power getting to the main relay, test the relay and it tested out fine I purchased a new one anyway and replaced it but still had no power to the relay I also noticed even after replacing the main relay I was getting no communication from the ECU, no security light, no C.E.L, no Maintance light even. As a test I jumped power to the main relay and got all the appropriate lights on the dash and the car started up no problem I tested this several times but once the jumper was removed the car revered back to the orginial problem; No spark, No start and no communication from the ECU. After several more days of pulling my hair out I decided to just put the jumper back and test drive it. It drove fine. Once back home I then further tested and it appears the ECU is not sending the switching signal to the ICM to get the coil to create spark. I noticed the coil was split and had some black silcon coming of it in the distributor so I replaced that but still no spark. The ICM and coil are getting 12v but apparently they are not receiving ground. As I said I already switched out to a different ECU and iginition with no luck and this is a new ICM and distributor. Does anyone have any ideas?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Billy AndrewsBilly
      Participant

If you have no power to the main relay, follow the wiring upstream and find out why not.

HometheatermanHometheaterman
        Participant

When you replaced the ecu, did you program the immobilizer for the key that you have?

Do you see the green key light coming on in the dash like it’s not recognizing the key? I only ask, because I bought a 6th Gen Accord that a shop couldn’t figure out last year with this problem.

JAMES L FITZGERALDJAMES L FITZGERALD
          Participant

I bought an ecu and iginition together that matched an replaced both as Ive read Hondas have an ignition problem as well.

Thanks for the thought. So just to restate. I have already tested/replaced
            ECU
            ICM
            Ignition
            Main rely
            Distributor
            Battery
            And Ive checked the fuses in every fuse box short of tearing the dash out to visibly trace the main rely wires back to the fuse box I have done it already. Thats why Im asking online cause Im out of ideas and parts to check.

Participant

I have 12volts to the fuse and coming out of the fuse I have no voltage to the main rely which us why I jumped power after the fuse to the main rely and the car ran but only for a day and it has no spark again but Ill trace the wires from the rely I guess to the fuse box but Ill have to tear out thr dash ?

Billy AndrewsBilly
              Participant

Well, it does sound like you have a problem between the fuse and the relay. So I would follow that.

Participant

I got the car running. I decided to dou le check everything and noticed that the coil was getting constant 12volts all the time. Even though it was a brand new complete distributor I know they come from China I just decided to replace the ICM anyway and she cranked for a little but and then fired off. I still have to jump power to the main relay because I still get no power from the fuse to the relay but at least its running or capable of running and wouldnt you know it the rear driver side break line blow out as I went to take it for a test drive………thanks for the replies I know just about all othwr forums these days are pretty much dead.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Loading…