Menu

ignition timing

• Creator
    Topic
    mikemike
    Participant

Hi,
      can you please advice why I cannot get my Honda CRV2001 idle ignition timing to 16 degree mark BTDC as required in the manual? The maximum adjustment on “distribution unit” I can get is in between TDC and BTDC.
      Thanks

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man
        mikemike
        Participant

Hi, Thank you for your reply.
          I have checked that (as in your link) and I still cannot get the 16 degree BTDC mark, maximum I get is 8 degree. BTW, I have replaced a new distributor unit cause the old ones is busted – my car keep stalling. With this new Distributor unit my car doesn’t stall but just cannot get the 16 degree BTDC as to the Honda CRV 2001 specification. Any help appreciated. Thanks

college mancollege man

Are you jumping the service connector when setting the timing?

mikemike
            Participant

Yes I did jumped the 2 pin SC. Thanks.

Does it look OK? Any help appreciated, Thanks

mikemike
              Participant

Hi, just found this which mentioned Honda CRV 2002 with 8 degree +- 2 degree.
                Could it be I have installed a Ignition Distribution Unit from a CRV 2002 to my CRV 2001 ?
                See picture attahced

college mancollege man

Timing marks look good. I would recheck what distributor you bought?

mikemike
                  Participant

Thanks for your reply.
                    Can you please expand on what you mean on “recheck what distributor you bought” like what to check and how?
                    Thanks again.

college mancollege man

[quote=”mikelee” post=203526]Hi, just found this which mentioned Honda CRV 2002 with 8 degree +- 2 degree.
                      Could it be I have installed a Ignition Distribution Unit from a CRV 2002 to my CRV 2001 ?
                      See picture attahced[/quote]

According to this post, I was not sure if a 2002 distributor was the same as a 2001? I thought maybe you bought a different dizzy?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Loading…