Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2003 Honda CR-V VTC spool assembly torque question

2003 Honda CR-V VTC spool assembly torque question

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2003 Honda CR-V VTC spool assembly torque question

• Creator
    Topic
    JoeJoe
    Participant

I’ll be replacing the valve assembly and am seeking opinions on torque specs. My research tells me the three fasteners need to be at 8.7 ft lbs. Well, my borrowed snap-on wrench is 3/8 drive and can be set to 8.5 or 9.0. What’s your opinion on the best setting for successful installation? 8.5 at the end of the handle or 9 and choke up on the wrench, maybe a different technique altogether? Thanks in advance.
      Edit: Welp the rain subsided for a bit and I got it installed; torqued to 8.5. Then with a 1/4″ drive, tried to give it just a touch bit more and it wouldn’t budge with little force. I didn’t wanna push it. Be keeping an eye on the seal after a few commutes and see how she does.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

the 8.5 should be good to go

JoeJoe
        Participant

[quote=”college man” post=202969]the 8.5 should be good to go[/quote]

Thanks! Might just be placebo but she seems to be running better, a little zippier. The car ran well beforehand but maybe it feels just a little better. Haven’t investigated the status of the seal, I’ll probably wait until the next oil change for that.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…