Menu

2011 VW Jetta 2.0

• Creator
    Topic
    andyandy
    Participant

Good evening, my cars a 2011 jetta 2.0 gas.

Long story short somebody put booster cables on my car incorrectly as the negative has a red wire. This has been a headache and a half since it started a week ago.

The car started after the cables were put on properly and promptly died. I changed the battery out to a new one to get me home and it did, but the car was showing signs of the alternator not working and had the battery light on so I left the headlights on and let it sit for about 30 minutes, it then had some other lights come on the dash before stalling out.

A mechanic came by and removed the 200 amp alternator fuse which was blown, he soldered it and made it work in the mean time to see if that was my only issue, he’s now getting a proper reading on that fuse and on the alternator both which were showing they were no good before the soldering.

My issue now is two things and i’m not sure if they’re connected but what I do know is this what obviously all caused by this jumper cable issue. My cars trunk will not open, key fob/button inside do no pop it open, which isn’t a big deal but I figured it was worth noting, along with the car will NOT start turns over but will not fire. The mechanic believes it to be a fuel pump issue as he disconnected something ontop of the motor and said he wasn’t getting any pressure.

My question is what may be causing this trunk/not starting issue? All of the fuses including the fuel pump fuse are fine. The only code that was showing up has been cleared since he had the 200 amp alternator fuse put back in the car.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…