Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • [05 Mustang Gt] Had my oil pan gasket replaced. They found something in the pan

[05 Mustang Gt] Had my oil pan gasket replaced. They found something in the pan

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here [05 Mustang Gt] Had my oil pan gasket replaced. They found something in the pan

• Creator
    Topic
    Don PoppitoDon Poppito
    Participant

So after they removed the lower pan they found a big piece of a valve guide. Was planning on having the timing chain gasket replaced at some point soon. Then this, so they gave me an estimate for the valve guide replacement and included all the gaskets involved (included is the timing chain gasket) and also the oil pump since it will be there and pieces of plastic could have lodged. $1300 total.

They pretty much on par with all the work involved? Its about $950 in labor.

P.S. They took an oil sample that im sending off to have analyzed. If there is nothing serious in the oil how would you go about this? Its a weekend car. Ex: The oil change was due 12/18 and just had it done. I had put 500 miles on the car. I could pay off the $3k i owe within 3-4 months. Worth all the money in anyone’s personal opinion?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Paul HartmannPaul Hartmann
      Participant

do the belt. my valve guides are bad in my old volvo, 213 K miles. it may smoke a bit on startup after not being used for a few days, but otherwise the motor runs well. uses 1 qt. per 500-1000 miles. bolts can break in the block when they try to remove the head.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…