2011 mitsubishi galant fuel pump issue

More
3 months 5 days ago #202876 by Chad79
Hey y'all I'm hoping someone can help us with the issue we have. I have a 2011 mitsubishi galant. There is no power going to the fuel pump, there a re no burnt fuses. The car will run when a direct wire is put to the fuel pump, but the pump stays running instead of switching to the injectors that way. I don't know which relay goes to the fuel pump so I can't check if it's a relay problem. Every where I have looked it shows diagrams for the fuses for the car, I still have yet to find anything that shows what and where the relays are located. Any help or advice with this issue is greatly appreciated. I am on disability and I can't afford to have the care towed to a shop.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Advertisement
  • ToyotaKarl
  • Mulletude
More
3 months 3 days ago #202901 by ToyotaKarl
Replied by ToyotaKarl on topic 2011 mitsubishi galant fuel pump issue
See if the pump is running when the car is initially turned on. When the key is turned you should hear the pump run 3-5 seconds. If you can't hear from outside, get under the car by the fuel tank and have someone pump the key. If you have even reasonable hearing, you should hear the fuel tank run.

If it is running check for a crank signal, the car will not run without the crank signal telling the computer it is running and therefore turn on the fuel pump.

This is a failsafe to ensure if a car was in an accident, the fuel pump wouldn't continue to run if the engine were not running.

Good luck

-Karl

Just because it is legal, doesn't make it right....

ASE Certified Master Tech

More
3 months 2 days ago #202904 by Chad79
Replied by Chad79 on topic 2011 mitsubishi galant fuel pump issue
Fuel pump doesn't turn on at all when the key is turned. The only way we could get the car running is to put a direct wire to the fuel pump, but the pump stays on instead of switching to the injectors and doesn't run properly that way. Hence the reason why I asked about the location of the relay, I'm thinking it's either a bad relay, or a short to ground.

More
3 months 1 day ago #202919 by pauloil
Replied by pauloil on topic 2011 mitsubishi galant fuel pump issue
check youtube for location relay, some post their might help you

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds