1998 Honda CR-V LX 2wd 4 cylinder 2.0L AT Hard Start

• Meljay12
  • Topic Author
  • 1st Gear
  • 1st Gear
More
1 week 5 days ago #202828 by Meljay12
Hello, I have a 1998 Honda CR-V LX 2wd 4 cylinder 2.0L AT with a hard start issue. It will start fine after sitting for days but if it is driven for more then say 30 minutes then sits for more then 30 minutes it will crank and crank without starting but eventually start.(I actually has to replace the starter recently because it wore it out)

I have replaced IAC/cold start, main relay, distributor cap/bug/ignitor/coil, cleaned the intake, checked fuses. Probably more stuff I can't think of right now. I've checked most of the sensors as well but they were all fine. Replaced the valve cover gasket and tube seals because they were leaking oil.

I'm kind of at my wits end not sure what else to do. Any Suggestions? I'm not getting any CEL's either so that's no help.

I appreciate any ideas anyone has. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Advertisement
More
1 week 5 days ago #202829 by relative4
Is it running rich or lean? What are the hot and cold compression numbers?

• Meljay12
  • Topic Author
  • 1st Gear
  • 1st Gear
More
1 week 5 days ago #202830 by Meljay12
Not running rich or lean that I know of, and I've only ever taken compression cold and they were all around 120.

More
1 week 5 days ago #202831 by relative4
That's really low, how many miles? Better throw in a wet test. Anyway, looking forward to those fuel trims and the hot test.

• Meljay12
  • Topic Author
  • 1st Gear
  • 1st Gear
More
1 week 5 days ago #202834 by Meljay12
156k miles

Advertisement
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds