Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • What is the best 1993 honda accord (automatic) front suspension kit?

What is the best 1993 honda accord (automatic) front suspension kit?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here What is the best 1993 honda accord (automatic) front suspension kit?

• Creator
    Topic
    DavidDavid
    Participant

I need to replace a tie rod (outer and inner), passenger side. One of the bellow boots (the inner is broke and cracked. I can’t seem to find where they sell these individually and they seem to be out of stuck. Also it seems like the clip that holds the bellow boot doesn’t come with the inner tie rod. I already bought a quality outer tie rod passenger side. But when I look on amazon and I have seen front suspension kits. I have seen I can save much more money, plus one of them has the bellow boots included as a piece. The only thing is I don’t know if they are quality parts that will last a long time. I really prefer to buy the parts individually but I can’t find the bellow boots. They are out of stock. They don’t have them at rock auto. and there is no clip to hold them on, and I know in the repair tutorials that they used a zip tie and I don’t prefer that.

I really prefer to get a tie rod set just in case I have to replace the other side. Has anyone ever used one of these front suspension kits and have had the parts really last a long time? Is there any suggestions on what I should buy?

I have seen this “PartsW 8 Pc Front Suspension Kit for Honda Accord 1990-1993 All Models/Sway Bar End Link, Inner & Outer Tie Rod Ends, Rack & Pinion Bellow Boots ”

Is it worth spending $37.99 to get the dust boots alone?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Robert RatcliffeRobert Ratcliffe
      Participant

When I checked RockAuto today, under the “RACK AND PINION BELLOW” in the Steering section, the bellows appear to be stocked. I personally used the Beck/Arnley brand for $7.95 apiece on my 1992 Accord. These came with steel band clamps, but I had to buy the special band clamp tool from Amazon for around $20 to properly install them. Does your $37.99 quote include the tool? If you don’t want to buy the tool, or if you mess up a couple of these clamps like I did the first go-around, your local AutoZone may have separate band clamps (stock was hit and miss among the several locations near me) that can be installed with pliers and a screwdriver (be wary of the close quarters!). This is how I procured replacement band clamps when needed.

Furthermore, I got one of those Front Suspension Kits (Mevotech on RockAuto for around $300 for EVERYTHING but the bellow boots), for my ’92 Accord, but I’ve only driven this car a couple thousand miles or so since completing these repairs, so we’ll see how it turns out in the long term… I did, however, use Mevotech wheel bearings on my ’01 Accord several years ago and those have held up nicely so far. I don’t know much about other parts/brands, but I tend to gravitate away from the cheapest listings, be it on Amazon, RockAuto, etc…

Good luck, hope this helps!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…