Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 1989 Jeep Comanche Stalling after running for a few minutes

1989 Jeep Comanche Stalling after running for a few minutes

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 1989 Jeep Comanche Stalling after running for a few minutes

• Creator
    Topic
    NickNick
    Participant

I am not much of a jeep guy so i dont know if am missing something obvious. We just bought this jeep and drove it roughly a mile and it suddenly died. I did he usual steps and checked for spark and fuel. everything seems to be decent. it needs to sit for some time before it will fire back up and it cranks for about 10-15 seconds before it fires. when it stalls, there is no indication that it is going to stall. there is no sputtering or hesitation. it act as though it instantly loses spark. the engine needs a good tune-up so i am going to start there.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      JoaquinJoaquin
      Participant

Have you actually checked fuel pressure on the system, or perhaps is in need of a new fuel filter. There are so many issues affecting this problem. I would do a complete diagnostic of the entire fuel system step by step.

NickNick
        Participant

After doing a ton of research. We found the crank sensor to be the problem. Now it runs great.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…