Menu

Spongy pedal , low brake pedal

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Spongy pedal , low brake pedal

• Creator
    Topic
    ClintClint
    Participant

2006 GMC Sierra 4.3L engine 2wd truck

Recently changed booster and master due to fluid leaking into booster making a failed booster . Pedal is not the same since I changed this . Could it be ABS maybe has air trapped in module ? How can I manually bleed without scanner or shop ?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      JoaquinJoaquin
      Participant

I may be asking a dum question, but did you bench bleed the master cylinder and adjust the push rod inside the brake booster? If not this will be the issue. ABS systems are very sensitive, so if when it fails you won’t even feel the difference. But, it will not cause the brake pedal to suffer the way you describe it. Don’t forget to do a bleed in the whole system even after you had bleed the master cylinder.

Erik LucasErik Lucas
        Participant

Used to use a shop scanner with an abs bleed feature for that one. Dont know of any other way. It used about a liter of fluid. Usually thats after leaving the system draining for a while and pumping the brake with an empty res.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…