Menu

Fuel line replacement

• Creator
    Topic
    Bruce StockerBruce Stocker
    Participant

I have a 2006 GMC Envoy Denali. I need to replace the front fuel lines that go over the transmission. Is there any way to do this without dropping the trans in your experience or is it a must to do it right? I can’t tell if there are brackets above connecting the fuel lines to either the trans or underbelly of the car. Any help would be appreciated. Tricks of the trae so to say.. Help I am getting frustrated with this.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      A toyotakarlIts me

While I have not worked on this particular vehicle I would say that most likely no trans removal is necessary, however there may be brackets on the firewall or close to trans that could require a lift to make them accessible in a decent manner.

BTW… I have replaced plenty of brake lines on GMC’s and always get the factory replacements, they may need bending a bit, but they can be worked into place without moving to much.

Just curious, why are you replacing this line? Seems very unusual..

-Karl

Participant

Karl,

Thanks for the reply. The current lines rusted through. IE: gas all over the place…. I dropped the tank thinking it was above there to find out it’s the lines over the tranny spraying onto the cross bar over the tank. Gotta love Ezra work… I did order the factory lines from GM dealer near me. Not bad about $100 for the two. One supply the other return.

Participant

I do have the car off the ground about 2 ft. More than enough to reach around but the drive shaft, exhaust and tranny are all in the way… scratching my head trying to figure out how to do it.

A toyotakarlIts me

Glad to hear you got the factory lines… That will make life easier for you…. Best if you lift the vehicle as high as you can to trace them… I would bet (But not 100%) that you can get these in place without too much pain… may take a little while, but don’t be afraid to bend them a little… just watch kinking them…

Try to fish the end through before attaching them if things are in the way…. it should be possible…

You must live in a really salty area!!

Good luck

-Karl

A toyotakarlIts me

Take a pic for us and that may help…

-Karl

Participant

Yeah man… I live on NY but have no clue where the car came from. Bought it in PA… seems like a Jersey Shore car to me. Had a bunch of sand like material on top of the gas tank.. after looking at the whole underside I think I need to do some rust restoration and coatings on the frame and other junk under there.

A toyotakarlIts me

Was it a flood vehicle? If a Jersey vehicle, could have salt from ocean, ocean water… LOL… Suppose it don’t matter now… Did you get it from a Soprano associate??? 🙂 🙂

-Karl

Participant
                      Participant

Lol….

Participant

It’s the LH6 part 5…

A toyotakarlIts me

WOW… That looks like it could have been on the Titanic.

If you seriously cannot fit it through there, you can go with tubing…. Unlike brake lines which need a 900 to 1000 PSI, a fuel line should never need more than 80-90 PSI depending on the application….

Since this is not ever going to be a “Show car” I would consider replacing with flexible rubber/protective tubing and ensure that it does not rub, or make friction/hot contact with anything….

-Karl

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          Loading…