Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2011 Buick Regal 2.0L Turbo HELP ME! P340, P341, P1101 codes LIVE DATA INFO post

2011 Buick Regal 2.0L Turbo HELP ME! P340, P341, P1101 codes LIVE DATA INFO post

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2011 Buick Regal 2.0L Turbo HELP ME! P340, P341, P1101 codes LIVE DATA INFO post

• Creator
    Topic
    jordanjordan
    Participant

Okay backstory, a few months back i had just hit 75,000 miles and decided it was a nice day outside and wanted to change my spark plugs (no the car didn’t show any signs of needing this done i just did it) After having a pain in the ass of a time getting the ignition coil packs off and unclipped i replaced the plugs (didn’t gap them or anything just tossed them in. Upon starting the car seemed fine, the next day I’m on my way home from work and car starts running awful, get home turn off car and when i went to leave next time car went into a safe mode type thing where it wouldn’t shift up saying shift denied and couldn’t go faster than 25mph without getting up in the 6-7000s RPMs. Took to shop, they said bad ignition coil as well as not gapping spark plugs. $340 later I’m leaving the shop get a mile down road and problem comes right back on. Shop says they can fix the rest of ignition coils and whatever for another $475 so i took matters into my own hand. Bought a scan tool, bought all 4 brand new ignition coils as well as new plugs did it all at same time (2 times) same problem. Scan it and find p340/341 code so i replaced cam shaft position sensor which did nothing. More testing more research i find that could be intake/exhaust solenoids could be the culprit. Change both of those, and problem still there. Im to the point where auto zone type shops say something basic about it or say did ya check this out and i go into so much detail of what i did already and they respond with wow i didn’t even think of that. Before spending another large sum at a shop I’ve came here as a final hope of finding my problem.

Symptoms:
      -Car feels like there is absolutely no power at any range of rpm or speed.
      -I put the gas to the floor and there is nothing there it hesitates and accelerates but at speed of a snail.
      -Gas mileage feels to be awful now

OBD scanner LIVE DATE RESULTS: AT IDLE(750-850RPM)
      DTC_CNT2: 2
      FUELSYS1: CL
      FUELSYS2:–
      LOAD_PCT: 25-26%
      SHRTFT1 %: -5 to +4
      LONGFT1 %: +8.6 steady
      FRP (kPa): 270-310
      MAP (kPa): 32-35.0
      SPARKADV (degrees): 8.0-14.0
      MAF (g/s): 3.10
      TP (%): 20.8
      O2B1S1 (V): .015 TO .845
      SHRTTFTB1S1 (%): -5 TO +5
      O2B1S2 (V): .7
      SHRTFTB1S2 (%): 99.2
      EVAP (%): 17.6

FREEZE FRAME DATA: P340
      FUELSYS1: —
      FUELSYS2: —
      LOAD %: 70.2
      SHRTFT1 %: 0.0
      SHRTFT2 %: 5.5
      FRP: 441
      MAP: 92.0
      RPM: 645
      SPARKADV °: 5.0
      IAT °C: 31
      MAF (G/S): 3.57
      TP %: 36.1

Any and all help is appreciated let me know if anyone needs more data posted! THANKS in advance!!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

Just taking a shot in the dark here.
        Assuming the vehicle was running without issue prior to the work you did.
        It would be even money that the issue lays in what was done.
        I understand you put new coils and plugs.
        But is it possible you may have damage a connector or the wires when you first tried to remove the coils?
        Or perhaps damaged some else during the process?

Billy AndrewsBilly
        Participant

I also get a strong vibe of damaged wiring. I’d follow the diagnostic procedure in the FSM for the cam sensor codes, it may lead to a break in the harness.

gene cartergene carter
          Participant

Check to see if you crossed the wires and the timing is out. Had a buddy that changed his wires on his Toyota truck and crossed them up truck jumped and hopped like a rabbit lol.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…