Menu

2002 Honda CRV multiple codes

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2002 Honda CRV multiple codes

• Creator
    Topic
    Glenn TGlenn T
    Participant

Ok guys, as the topic states I have a 2002 CRV with the K24A1 in it with 260K miles.Around 254K I got the dreaded P0341 (cmp and ckp incorrect phase detected).Following Hondas flowchart in the manual, I checked timing and sure enough it was off a couple teeth on the VTC gear and exhaust cam gear when at TDC.Installed new chain, guides, tensioner and back together it went.I didnt have my torque wrench handy so tightened the crank bolt with my cordless impact rated at 150 ft lbs.Car ran great.Couple weeks go by and I decided to torque it down to the specified 181 ft lbs just in case.Well, long story short using the hex crank pulley holder I broke a chunk off the crank puller, part of the center hex wall, not the actual pulley.Well, afterwards I occasionally get P1259 and P0303/P0304 codes.Alot of the time the three codes will pop on at startup, other times while driving.Car seems to run ok, rough idle for a second when you start it but smooths out after a few seconds.I have swapped coils around…makes no difference.Installed new NGK plugs, no difference.Cleaned VTEC solenoid and screen, no difference.Finally adjusted valves the other day and changed the oil and the light stayed off for 2 weeks but its back now.My question is, since I broke a chunk of the inner crank pulley hex wall off, could that potentially unbalance the crank pulley and play havoc with thr crank sensor, making it throw misfire codes for 3 and 4 when they arent actually misfiring?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Billy AndrewsBilly
      Participant

Absolutely yes, that’s very bad. It can damage your main crank bearings. That pulley must be replaced.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…