No Start

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #202265 by hondaguy453
Replied by hondaguy453 on topic No Start
I don't have much experience with domestic vehicles, BUT I do know that this thing has spider injection. If the injectors aren't perfectly timed with the distributor, you'll get all kinds of timing codes and crank no starts.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it
A1, A6, and A8 ASE Certified

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• babyblaze2000
  • Topic Author
  • 1st Gear
  • 1st Gear
More
2 months 3 weeks ago #202304 by babyblaze2000
Replied by babyblaze2000 on topic No Start
Okay, so I had my stepson come mess with my truck for me. From what he could deduce, he said he wants me to check the fuel pressure again, in which I did tonight. With the key on, no start... the fuel pressure tops out at 48 and starts dropping back down to zero. When we started the truck, (by putting gas in the throttle body), the fuel pressure holds steady at 48. And when we didn't put gas in the throttle body and tried to start it (it won't start unless I put gas in the throttle body), it will hold steady at 48 as it tries to start!!
So, would that be a fuel pump issue, or a fuel pressure regulator issue??
In the morning, I'm going to go to pick n pull and get as many crankshaft sensors, map sensors, knock sensors, and o2 sensors as I can find!! And we will replace and try to rule out those as part of the problem hopefully!!
Is there anything else I should go look for while I'm out at pick n pull?

Thank You!!

• nightflyr
  • 6th Gear
  • 6th Gear
  • 2002 Nissan Xterra 3.3L 4X4
More
2 months 3 weeks ago #202307 by nightflyr
Replied by nightflyr on topic No Start
Being that you have fuel pressure but the engine will only fire off when you add fuel to through the throttle body.
It would appear your injectors are not supplying fuel.
The issue may be what is controlling the spider injector unit if the vehicle was running before.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #202328 by hondaguy453
Replied by hondaguy453 on topic No Start
One of your injectors could be leaking too. I'd suggest removing the spark plugs, then turn the key to the one position (key on engine off), and check if there is fuel squirting into the cylinder.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it
A1, A6, and A8 ASE Certified

More
2 months 1 week ago #202419 by Tods213
Replied by Tods213 on topic No Start
Have you tried starting the truck while someone slowly rotates the distributor +- 15 degrees? I know you guys got the base timing set, but you're popping a code telling you that the base timing is wrong.
97-99.3 SBC's are the odd one because GM did not put timing marks on the crank pulley. If there is any slack in your timing chain or the distributor is more than +-2 degrees off, starting becomes a real nightmare.
Rotating the distributor will at least get you close enough to start the engine at which time the computer can take over and adjust the timing for you. BTW, your fuel injection system is heavily reliant on correct cam to crank timing in order to know when to open the injectors.
I would try rotating the distributor first. If the computer can get the engine started and maintain a half-way decent idle, you can instantly rule out a lot of other things.

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds