2005 Mazda 3 Electrical Woes

• LouiCypher
  • Topic Author
  • 1st Gear
  • 1st Gear
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #202123 by LouiCypher
2005 Mazda 3 Electrical Woes was created by LouiCypher
Hello, I'm trying to work through long-standing electrical problems on my Mazda 3 but don't know what to check next.

2005 Mazda 3 Sport GT - 2.3L

I've had parasitic drain on my battery for a couple of years and finally decided to try to rectify it recently; I have been using a trickle charger (2A) pretty much daily since I discovered the problem. The vehicle is pulling a constant ~250mA. The battery itself produces 12.6V normally and 14.3V while running. I performed the standard parasitic drain test, pulling all fuses one-at-a-time with my meter in series, but saw no noticeable drop in amperage with the exception of the ignition switch fuse. I pulled every fuse in both fuse blocks (engine and under glove compartment) and after I finished the first test without any results, I tried again with the same result, to be sure.

So, my question is if the parasitic drain can't be traced to any of the protected circuits, where do I look next?

Also, this is probably related, though I'm confused how. I had to replace the battery a few months back and a few hours after installing the battery, I was driving and lost a few devices from different circuits at the same time. My radio, interior lights and horn all stopped working, but the fuses are all intact. Remote entry also stopped working. Any insight anyone can provide?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Advertisement
  • nightflyr
  • 6th Gear
  • 6th Gear
  • 2002 Nissan Xterra 3.3L 4X4
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #202124 by nightflyr
Replied by nightflyr on topic 2005 Mazda 3 Electrical Woes
If you have indeed pulled all known fuses and show no results.
Your left with:
A active relay
A fuse box you haven't found.
A keep alive circuit causing the draw.
An aftermarket item that is the cause, radio, auto start, etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.385 seconds