Engine Burns oil

More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #202092 by Faisal
Engine Burns oil was created by Faisal
Last November, i bought all the spare parts and had them shipped from US and Korea to Cairo, Egypt. Mechanic had the cylinders machined and honed before installing and rebuilding the engine. He rebuilds 2 or 3 engines a month or more. After driving the vehicle for 3k miles. I found out engine oil decreases.

Mechanic says its poor oil quality that allows it to burn/evaporate specially Royal Purple break Engine in oil was not consumed at all and compression dry test shows 185 PSI across all four cylinders and no leaks or smoke from exhaust. Tried several semi synthetics, Mobil 1 Synthetic and Mobil mineral 20W-50, they all fade away within 1500 miles.

I really find it strange for all oils i tried to be of low quality to burn, or, is it because i did not use mineral oil for the engine break in period of 4k miles, or something wrong with the rebuild.

Some technician on Youtube says the oil rings have been broken. Anybody have an idea what happened?

Please advise
Last edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Faisal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Advertisement
More
2 months 3 weeks ago #202095 by Jakeselcamino75
Replied by Jakeselcamino75 on topic Engine Burns oil
Are you sure it isn't leaking oil? 185PSI in the cylinders sounds pretty good. And all vehicals burn a little bit of oil, no matter what. How much oil is it consuming within 3000 miles?

More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #202104 by Faisal
Replied by Faisal on topic Engine Burns oil
The last 2000 miles, i added the following:-
1- 3 Liters of Mobil 1 5W-30.
2- Ceratec
3- Rislone compression restore.
4- 4 Liters of Mobil Mineral 20w-50.

Usually, an oil change takes around 3.75 Liters or 4 quarts approx.

So i would say it burned 4 liters of oil in 2000 miles. (3 liters of Mobil 1 plus additives of around 750 ml).
Last night, some Technician told me on Youtube that oil rings can break and cause oil consumption without affecting compression.

Please advise
Last edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by Faisal.

More
2 months 1 week ago #202178 by Faisal
Replied by Faisal on topic Engine Burns oil
Anybody wanna help?

Time to create page: 0.262 seconds