Menu

Ford Contour Issues

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 5 years ago by S .S..
  • Creator
    Topic
    S .S.
    Participant

I have a 00 Ford Contour V6 5 speed im having issues with. When I accelerate the car is jerky & when I decelerate it feels like something is holding back or choking the engine & when I go to accelerate again sometimes it falls flat on its face, jerks a bit then comes out of it. Then it will go away & run fine. It idles fine too. Then sometimes the idle will stick when im driving, I’ll go to shift gears & the idle wont come down & when I come to a stop to investigate the idle will not stick. But if Im cruising in neutral & rev the engine I can get it to stick all I want until I come to a complete stop then its fine. Then other days it runs completely fine. Very odd. I have sprayed around looking for vacuum leaks & found nothing. No Codes either.

Things that have been done to the car over the years:
      Spark plugs, wires, PCV valve, fuel filter/fuel pump, cam sensor, intake gaskets upper & lower, cleaned MAF & throttle body & probably more im forgetting.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…