Menu

03 2500 silverado hesitation

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 03 2500 silverado hesitation

• Creator
    Topic
    lambo12klambo12k
    Participant

[color=black]Problem: Slighty hesitation from dead stop when accelerating

Codes: In the past in coldish weather it has throw the p0120(tps sensor) code and the other for accelerator pedal. The MIL light came on and truck when into reducded power mode. After clearing the codes would drive like normal. This has only happened 3 times intermitently and far apart form eachother.

Testing(tps): I did test the ‘tps’ and fully clean the throttle body and connectors and had no voltage glitches everything worked as it should.

Testing(APP sensor): I did not do a voltage test here however I did datalog Pedal position 1&2, absolute throttle, and desired pedal.

You will notice once I start accelerating on multiple occastions that sensor 1&2 have a noticable discrepency and then later match up.

LINK TO LOG: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dzlxx8DuKqO7v4GFRbXtLpnNoHx1u7u65VKTfOkimn4/edit?usp=sharing

Question1(main): Can I rule the the app sensor as the problem with these findings.

note: it is not a fuel problem I have checked that aswell

Question2(alternative): What exactly is Absolute throttle and Desired throttle, from what I can see abs throt is an average from the two sensors, and desired is the two sensors combined. Is this correct?[color=black]

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Todd SmithTodd Smith
      Participant

You have two different sensors for redundancy. Given the dangers of an erroneous signal, manufacturers make sure you take an average of two sensors (absolute). If a discrepancy is seen between both of the two(Desired), then the whole pedal is considered defective and unsafe, hence, limp-home mode.
        As a trick, shady dealerships will jump the two signals together with a piece of wire to trick the computer into seeing all matching values. Car runs a little weird but no MIL.
        I’d say you need a new pedal.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…