Menu

What is this?

• Creator
    Topic
    jbonejbone
    Participant

Picture Removed.Trying to help a guy out ..Here’s his story

I heard a clanging/banging noise coming from my passenger side this morning, like it came from when front wheel well. It happened about 3 times before I opened the window then it stopped. I figured it was something caught in the wheel well that came out (trash. etc.) I didnt hear it for the rest of my drive. I went to collect lunch and when I reached the stop sign a lound thunk came from underneath the car. The attached picture is what I found under the car. I am not sure if they are even related but I wanted to be sure to see if anyone could identify the item and let me know if its safe to drive the car? I have a 53 mile commute home. Many thanks! I appreciate the help. I have a 2002 Ford Escape.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Christian HuebnerChristian Huebner
      Participant

It’s hard to see what it is in the picture.. It could be the torson bar bit not 100% sure..

jbonejbone
        Participant

it looks like the bottom is rubber and clamp in middle attaching to metal tubing with some kind if weird end to it….Someone thought it could be a honda part like brake line or whatever,I don’t think it came from his escape but maybe ran it over…..

jbonejbone
          Participant

Well i was watching tv this morning an on this show they showed what looked like this part but theirs was all rubber.It was a brake line with a banjo fitting on end.So i guessing thats what this is….Anyone ever seen one of these and if so what type of car uses this banjo fitting brake line? thanx

DaveDave
            Participant

lol, I ain’t seen anything like that, kinda hard to see too though.

619DioFan619DioFan
              Participant

Any way you can post a blown up pict of this item. even with my reading glasses it is just hard to see. dont get old.. ha ha ha.

mamusprintmamusprint
                Participant

Dear all,
                  Can you tell me what this part function. If broken can I replace with other parts.

college mancollege man

If it leaks motor oil then maybe some sort of filtering system. whats the year,make,model and engine of the vehicleC8-)

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
                    Keymaster

Looks like a vacuum switch of some sort it would help to know the type of vehicle and engine size. Also on many older Asian makes they put a vacuum diagram on the underhood sticker that tells what many of the parts are.

dreamer2355dreamer2355
                      Participant

You may want to read this link before starting another thread the next time you have a question –

http://www.ericthecarguy.com/forum/topics.aspx?ID=1665

mamusprintmamusprint
                        Participant

Dear all,
                          the picture shows one parts of engine Honda Accord 1986.1.8L ( Auto Transmission)
                          This car re re-cond car when enter in Malaysia.
                          Below is the diagram. (Please look at parts with yellow colour )

college mancollege man

I can make out the air cleaner and a vacuum port to the yellow device. can you post the devices that correspond to the number
                            break downs?C8-)

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
                            Keymaster

I believe that’s referred to as ‘air control valve A or B’ not sure which one, check the underhood sticker as it us usually listed there.

JayinakJayinak
                              Participant

Looks a lot like the hi pressure line to the steering pump with the rubber up to the crimp onto line, and even the stub on the side that locks it in place on the pump

gorillaarmgorillaarm
                                Participant

I would check all your fluids and see if any are empty it does look like a break line,power steering, and or a/c line. Hard to tell

twiggytwiggy
                                  Participant

It looks like a car seat to me :p

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  Loading…