Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • [2004 Honda Odyssey] Replaced IAC Valve, now experiencing electrical issues

[2004 Honda Odyssey] Replaced IAC Valve, now experiencing electrical issues

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here [2004 Honda Odyssey] Replaced IAC Valve, now experiencing electrical issues

• Creator
    Topic
    DannyDanny
    Participant

My 2004 Honda Odyssey had a poor idle and was giving a check engine light, signaling an issue with the IAC. I had the light checked and it was giving me an error code related to the IAC. I ordered an aftermarket IAC (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G6NWU1G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) off Amazon and replaced it yesterday.
      The issue: when I put the key in the ignition, the car registers the key is in. When I turn the key to start the car, I hear a click, and then the car stops receiving power. The car responds as if the battery is completely dead.
      I can disconnect all of the electrical connections from the IAC and the car will ‘reset’, but when I turn the key in the ignition the same issue occurs.
      Any advice on how to diagnose or fix this issue? I am almost positive it is an electrical issue with the new IAC, but not sure what to do.

Thank you

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Billy AndrewsBilly
      Participant

The problem still happens if you leave the IAC’s electrical connector disconnected?

DannyDanny
        Participant

Yes, If I leave it disconnected I have the exact same issue.

Billy AndrewsBilly
          Participant

Disconnecting the IACV pretty much eliminates it as proximate cause. Right now you’re looking at a no crank condition.
            What is the battery voltage?
            When you turn the key, does the starter relay click? If so, check the battery, starter, wiring, and grounds. If not, check the relay, ignition switch, and wiring.

DannyDanny
            Participant

The starter relay does click. I do not have a volt meter but will check after I pick one up. This is a very helpful response I will check the battery, starter, wiring, and grounds. Thank you!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…