2006 Malibu won't crank, won't do anything when I try to start it

• sonnybemee
  • Topic Author
  • 1st Gear
  • 1st Gear
More
2 days 12 hours ago #201930 by sonnybemee
I have had this 2006 Malibu for years and years and years and I have never had any problems with the car. Probably the best running car I've ever had. However, recently, about a month, maybe a month and a half ago, my car all of a sudden just wouldn't turn over. I kept trying it over and over and it started eventually. At first I was like, that was weird, until it happened again and again. I tried jumping it off, but nothing happened. I got it started somehow and took it to Advanced Auto and had them check the battery. The battery is fine, no corrosion on the terminals or anything. So I asked some guys I work with that work on cars often, and they said it sounds like the solenoid on the started is bad. So I went and changed the starter out and trying starting the car. Nothing. Not a click, no noise what so ever, won't start at all. My buddy that was helping me change the starter was tapping the starter with a screw driver and it sparked. I tried turning it over after that and I heard a clicking, like the battery was dead, I jumped it off and it started right up. We'll now a month later, I drove it to work, I was going to get some lunch, and the car wouldn't start again. Same thing as before. No noise, no nothing. I turn the key to where it would be if the car started, and all my lights come on like normal, my dash lights come on like they normally do, the radio starts playing, everything is good, but the car won't start.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Advertisement
  • relative4
  • Away
  • 6th Gear
  • 6th Gear
More
2 days 11 hours ago #201933 by relative4
When you try to start it, does the starter relay click? If so, check the main engine grounds. If not, check the relay and the ignition switch.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.238 seconds