Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Heated Seats Wiring – 2007 Pontiac G6

Heated Seats Wiring – 2007 Pontiac G6

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Heated Seats Wiring – 2007 Pontiac G6

• Creator
    Topic
    Dusty ADusty A
    Participant

Hi all,

The heated seats on my driver’s side do not work, however, the switch for them toggles from low to high to off normally. I removed the seat for an unrelated issue today and found two wires that were torn away from the harness underneath. Both wires are in the same sleeve, and they run up into the back of the seat itself.

I can see where they’re supposed to go as the ends that broke off are still stuck in there. When I toggle the seats, voltage is sent through the harness accordingly – so it seems I’ve found my problem and need to reconnect these two wires.

The problem is the wires themselves are both black. I’m not sure how I would connect them again with the correct polarity. A picture of the harness and disconnected wires is here: http://prntscr.com/mxlgmi

Any advice for properly reconnecting these?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

My thought is that the seat heater shouldn’t care which end gets power or ground unless there is some electronics to determine that.
        That being said:
        If the broken harness follows the same routing as the 2 others still attached in your picture.
        I would be 98% sure of this.

Dave TidmanDave Tidman
        Participant

If the wires are the same color, the polarity probably does not matter. One thing to try is measure the resistance of the seat, then reverse the leads and measure again. If they are the same it also probably does not matter which way they are hooked up.

Saying that, a check of the manual or wiring diagram is probably a good idea.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…