Menu

1999 Integra GSR trunk water leak!

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 1999 Integra GSR trunk water leak!

• Creator
    Topic
    IsaacIsaac
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I have a 1999 Acura Integra GSR. The spare tire well was filling up with water, which I knew to be caused by the taillight gaskets or sunroof drain plugs. The good news is that I reattached my sunroof drain tube and put a hose clamp on it and changed the taillight gaskets + grommet (the little guide grommet that the taillight peg goes into. After doing both of these things, I notice that it’s still leaking a bit. It’s not nearly as big of a leak, but it’s a small dribble. Maybe like 10% of what it originally was.

From stripping it down and observing, it basically seems like water is coming between the sheet metal pieces in the trunk RIGHT NEAR the taillights. There’s some type of factory sealant there, but there’s a section above the sealant that is untreated. That seems to be where the water is coming in. I have a few thoughts…

Maybe the hatchback seal is worn out? It looks perfectly good, so I’m not sure if this is even a direction worth heading in…? Also, I had wondered if maybe the part where the sunroof drain goes through the body of the car…what if that was somehow letting water between the pieces of sheet metal and then it exits near the taillights. I’m really not sure what else it could be..there’s no water coming from the taillight gaskets themselves. It’s only where the sheet metals are pressed together above that. I just need to figure out where it’s getting in there and try to stop it…

Anyone have any experience with anything like that?

Thanks,

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…