Menu

1998 Honda CRV Clutch Issues

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 1998 Honda CRV Clutch Issues

• Creator
    Topic
    Nathan SchutteNathan Schutte
    Participant

I’m suddenly having some issues with the clutch on my 1998 crv, and I’m not sure if I will need to replace the clutch or if there is anything I can check before I do that. The symptoms are listed below. The clutch is hydraulic, and I have checked the fluid level. The fluid is very dark, but the level is fine. I also had the master and slave cylinders replaced within the last two years.

1. I can only shift into gear when the engine is off or if the engine is on and the car is moving.
      2. With the clutch pedal in (Clutch disengaged) and shifter in gear, the car will stall if I come to a stop.
      3. There is a grinding noise when car is moving, clutch pedal down, and shifter in gear.

Thanks in advance! If I do need to replace the clutch, any links to tutorials would be very helpful.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Billy AndrewsBilly
      Participant

Sure sounds like a clutch. Plenty of DIYs on YouTube, and the Haynes manual or a factory service manual is essential.

Nathan SchutteNathan Schutte
        Participant

I do have the Haynes manual, but I’m still hoping it isn’t a clutch issue. I have a pretty heavy engine oil leak coming from the cam seal that is leaking all over the slave cylinder, so I’m going to replace that first just in case that’s the issue.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…