Menu

1997 Nissan Altima

• Creator
    Topic
    DavidDavid
    Participant

Hi!
      My daughters Altima runs great intermittenly then runs rough and stalls, while driving, at a light, pulling into the driveway, whenever. It had a check engine light on and when the codes were read it coded for a bad EGR valve and knock sensor. I have since replaced both plus new fuel filter, cap and rotor, spark plugs, spark plug wires and cleared the codes. The vehicle still did the same thing, NO check engine light though, so I thought maybe they were bad/new out of the box and replaced them again. I HATE REPLACING THE KNOCK SENSOR! Anyway the car is still doing the same thing. Runs great intermittently but then starts to run rough and die, NO check engine light. The car starts right up afterwards, runs great for awhile than the same thing and NO check engine light. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

My first thought would be to check the fuel pressure when the engine begins to act up.
        A failing fuel pump my be starving the engine.
        Might also look at your fuel trims to see if they show anything that could be helpful.
        Also the MAF may be giving false readings.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…