Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2006 Pilot 2wd misfire during cold start with P0300-P0306 codes

2006 Pilot 2wd misfire during cold start with P0300-P0306 codes

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2006 Pilot 2wd misfire during cold start with P0300-P0306 codes

• Creator
    Topic
    YanYan
    Participant

Hi folks,

I’ve been following suggestions on this forum and eric’s youtube channel, which are helpful and helped me fix issues of my car. This time I’ve got a unique issue that I don’t how to diagnose further and would like to hear your advice.

The check engine light turned on a few days after my father bought this pilot. The car has 110k on it and drives great, so I’m planning to fix it. Please see below the diagnosis I did so far:
      * The scanner showed that misfire only occurred during cold start, about 30 to 60 misfires events per cylinder, depending on the temperature. I barely see any misfire during warm start or normal drive.
      * I’ve changed spark plugs and the clogged pcv valve, but there was not improvement.
      * The car showed no misfire or lack of power with load, so it doesn’t seem like fuel related issue
      * The LTFT is 5% and 1% for each bank. STFT is almost always 15% for bank1 (0% for bank2). When I step on the gas, STFT for bank1 drops to a little to 10%. So it seems like a lean condition and there might be some vacuum leak. I’ve checked that MAP sensor reported 8.5 inch vacuum, which looks normal. This part confuses me the most.
      * The previous owner said that he saw the same issue before. He also said that the issue went away when he switched to octane 89.
      * I observed the same misfire even when the battery was hooked to a battery charger, so it doesn’t seem like a battery issue.
      * Engine oil and coolant levels look stable and their colors also look good. I didn’t see colored smoke from tailpipe either.

Based on the info from this forum and on youtube, valve adjustment seems like the next step (also a major task for weekends). I wonder if there is anything else I should check before opening up the engine?

Thanks a lot for reading through this long list and really appreciate your advice

Yan

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Billy AndrewsBilly
      Participant

I’d start with a smoke test.

YanYan
        Participant

Thank you!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…