Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 1996 Nissan Sentra 1.6L engine. Inoperative headlights

1996 Nissan Sentra 1.6L engine. Inoperative headlights

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 1996 Nissan Sentra 1.6L engine. Inoperative headlights

• Creator
    Topic
    JianJian
    Participant

I have a nissan sentra whose front headlights no longer come on when engaging the headlight switch. The lights were working fine prior to a battery theft. After the thieves stole the battery (literally ripping the cables), the issue has now shown itself.

I have tried some voltage drops at the headlight bulb connector. I receive no voltage (grounds) on all 3 pins of the headlight bulb connector. The light bulbs check out fine. I also tested the fuse which is fine. Probing the fuse terminals, i get battery voltage on 1 pin and fluctuating voltage on the other pin. Checking voltage at the headlight switch connector, I receive battery voltage. What else should I check?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Dave TidmanDave Tidman
      Participant

You may need a wiring diagram to pin this down. I’m a bit confused about your measurement on the fuse. If the fuse is good, I would expect the same measurement of both sides of the fuse. A fluctuating voltage indicates an unloaded circuit usually.

Given the damage from the theft, I would try to trace the connections from the battery terminals to the headlight circuit. Given you get battery at the headlight switch, I would check the load side of the headlamp relay. The ground also may have been damaged.

Good luck, let us know what you find.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…