Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 1999 dodge ram v10 stalling when hot

1999 dodge ram v10 stalling when hot

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 1999 dodge ram v10 stalling when hot

• Creator
    Topic
    Ashton SpearsAshton Spears
    Participant

Hey guys I was hoping you could spread some light on my issue I have a 1999 dodge 2500 v10 that has a very intermittent problem of stalling. When the truck is cold it will start beautifully, run and drive without an issue, for about 10-15 minutes… Then it spits and spudders until it stalls and it will be dead for atleast an Hour until it’s had time to cool off then it will fire right back up. At first I thought it was fuel related so I replaced the fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator and the relay but still No luck. I have hooked a high quality scanner up to it with the oem enhanced feature and nothing shows up. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Rahul JonesRahul Jones
      Participant

I would have a look at the wirings for cuts or cracks from aging which goes to major sensors like Crankshaft Position Sensor, Camshaft Position Sensor, Mass Air Flow, Throttle Position Sensor. If you don’t find any then visibly check those sensors for damage.

If you have an Advanced Scan Tool try to look at the data when cold and warm to see if there are any changes.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…