Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2001 Chevy Blazer, at the moment stumped!

2001 Chevy Blazer, at the moment stumped!

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2001 Chevy Blazer, at the moment stumped!

• Creator
    Topic
    GuntarGuntar
    Participant

okay folks a little preface, bought the Blazer not running for pennies, previous owner put a bunch of e85 in it and it stopped running. changed oil, drained fuel as much as i could, put in a few gallons of gas, changed plugs, changed spider lines with updated set from delco but still runs terrible. I’m sure I have a fuel issue so here is what I have:
      Pressure readings:
      Key on: 62 psi then when pump kicks off drops to 48-49 psi and steady falls, all while the key is on. not super fast but steady
      Key off: maybe drops 2 psi per 30-50 seconds for a while till it hits 0
      Cranking: 62-64 psi hard starting
      once it starts: 80-100 psi and chugs terribly and barely runs,
      no signs of external leaking but is super rich smelling and dark black sooty plugs.

im running out of directions, any help is much appreciated thanks everyone!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

Just a guess or two.
        Faulty check valve on the fuel pump or perhaps a pressure regulator problem.

GuntarGuntar
        Participant

I mean I suppose it could be the pressure regulator but it’s brand spanking new. Then again maybe the e85 ate up the fuel pump and destroyed the check valve I can definitely “hear” it more than a normal truck and I am far from a novice mechanic.

Todd SmithTodd Smith
          Participant

I only say this because my dad did it when he replaced the fuel spider in his blazer and he had the exact same symptoms. It is possible you nicked an o-ring during assembly. Have you tried pulling the upper plenum and getting a visual on the lines with the fuel system pressurized? Even a small leak would cause the truck to run rich, fowl the plugs and slowly lose fuel pressure when shut off.

GuntarGuntar
            Participant

Unfortunately that may be my next step is rip that sucker apart again…

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…