2004 Mazda 3 door ajar light on causing parasitic draw?

• Fordy_Styles
  • Topic Author
  • 1st Gear
  • 1st Gear
More
5 months 3 weeks ago - 5 months 3 weeks ago #201124 by Fordy_Styles
Hi folks, first time posting on here, I tried searching this but can't seem to get the search function to work for some reason. I have a 2004 Mazda 3, since I bought the car 2 years ago it has had the "door ajar" light illuminated on the dash. Once the cold weather hit I started having battery troubles so I bought a new Certified (cheapy) battery from Canadian Tire. A couple months later I had issues with the car not starting again, took the battery in they tested it, it was faulty so they gave me a new one. Worked great for a year now I am having starting issues again once the cold hit. Canadian tire and myself have tested the battery, it tests good. The battery doesn't always die however, some nights it will get down to -15 to-18C and it will start fine the next morning, other nights its -5C and it wont start.

Now I am looking for a draw issue. I want to start at the door ajar light as in Eric's "Parasitic Draw" video he said if the door switches activate it could break your meter. I've checked all fuses, checked the PJP connectors in the passenger side foot well, they are connected. There are no door switch pins, I'am told the switches are inside the latch assembly itself. Can anyone give me some advice on where to go from here? Any help is much appreciated.

- Mark
Last edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by Fordy_Styles.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Advertisement
More
5 months 3 weeks ago #201151 by dtidman
Is the door ajar light on all the time? If so, I would fix that first. You will need a wiring diagram, but getting that one off the list will simplify any further testing you may need to do. You may not be able to put the BCM to sleep until this is fixed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds