Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2004 Honda Odyssey Cold Start Squeal

2004 Honda Odyssey Cold Start Squeal

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2004 Honda Odyssey Cold Start Squeal

• Creator
    Topic
    NathanNathan
    Participant

Hello all. This forum and the videos have been a huge help helping maintain my car. I have an issue that has me beyond stumped.

I have a 2003 Honda Odyssey. Second owner, first took insanely good care of it. It has 166k miles on it. It has a repalaced transmission at 140k, other than that all routine maintenance has been done. I did just change the fluids, flushed brakes, PS fluid, oil change. Have not changed trans fluid yet as I need a thinner funnel to fill. During cold starts I have a squeal. It almost sounds like belt squeal, but due to a broken alternator bracket when the PO replaced the alt, it wasn’t torqued properly. So in that process, the belts were replaced along with the tensioner. It sounds like it comes from the drivers side. I will take a video tomorrow morning if it is cold enough. The sound is persistent until either the car is put in drive or until about 30 seconds or so after startup. I did have a idle air control valve code error but cleared it and hasn’t come back as far as I know, I can check again.

Any troubleshooting thoughts or where I should look first to figure this out?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Billy AndrewsBilly
      Participant

A hose up to your ear will help you pinpoint the noise.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…