Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 1991 Honda Civic 1.5L will crank but no start

1991 Honda Civic 1.5L will crank but no start

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 1991 Honda Civic 1.5L will crank but no start

• Creator
    Topic
    James WomacJames Womac
    Participant

1991 Honda Civic 4 door Sedan 1.5L 5 speed manual transmission. Drove the the car home 84 miles when i got it. Oil change and that was it. Started doing body work on the car. Went to start it up 4 days ago. It fired up idled for approximately 3 to 5 minutes then died. Would turn over but no start. Checked air and fuel had both. No spark. It was a crap duralast distributor. I replaced distributor cause no spark from ignition coil. Got spark back. Still no start but will crank. Checked timing it was off so i set the timing. Timing is now correct i have photos. Compression on all cylinders is 120psi plus or minus 3psi. Went ahead and changed main relay even tho it was clicking. Still same problem turns over but no start. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you for your time. Oh no start when spraying starter fluid into the intake. I can smell gas on all the spark plugs

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      James WomacJames Womac
      Participant

I also checked the the thermostat ground to various grounds on the car and its is good, also not loose very tight

Billy AndrewsBilly
        Participant

Sounds like still no spark.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…