Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 1994 Acura Vigor GS, manual transmission – cranks, but will not start

1994 Acura Vigor GS, manual transmission – cranks, but will not start

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 1994 Acura Vigor GS, manual transmission – cranks, but will not start

• Creator
    Topic
    David P WrightDavid P Wright
    Participant

The car left my wife stranded on the freeway – she said it lost power and she limped to the exit and it stalled out and would not start again. I highway assistance truck stopped and put gas in the tank and sprayed ether in the intake – with no luck.

I got the car home and replaced the ignition module and checked the coil resistance – still wouldn’t start – I should have checked spark in the first place before replacing the module. I check to see if I was getting fuel…turned the ignition key and listened for the fuel pump to come on….had my trusty assistant listen at the filler neck while I turned the key – ok.

I then thought it jumped time, so I checked the timing belt – it lined up perfect. I inspected the cap and rotor and it was fine – had been replaced recently. I did a compression test next and it has great compression for a car with over 200000 miles on it!

Back tracked and checked for spark again. I noticed that the plug was wet. Pulled the air cleaner and checked in the manifold – looked like fuel was puddling in there. cleaned it out and tried to start and the car started. it idled fine, maybe a little fast – we kept it on waiting for something to happen. The car warmed up and then we shut it down. When we tried to start it again, it would not start. I replaced the coolant temp sensor – tried it again – no luck… pulled all the plugs and they were wet. The car is flooding in all cylinders.

What should I check next? Has anyone else had this issue?

Please help – Thanks

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

From what your describing ..
        The engine is becoming flooded.
        Possible issue:
        Faulty injectors ( leaking )
        Faulty injector signal ( possible wiring issue ) or crank / cam sensor possibly giving bad signal
        Fuel pressure regulator.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…