Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • NISSAN 240SX S14 RB25DET SWAP HELP HELP

NISSAN 240SX S14 RB25DET SWAP HELP HELP

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here NISSAN 240SX S14 RB25DET SWAP HELP HELP

• Creator
    Topic
    Ryan KelleyRyan Kelley
    Participant

Okay i know this is going to sound complicated so bare with me. Me and my friends got my car running. we started it for the first time ever and it ran it ran rough but it ran. We then turned it off tried starting it again and it wouldnt start. im getting spark im getting fuel i have compression it just wont start up again…. THEN the crazy part happend i busted a coil pack clear goo came out and everything so then my friend realized im getting 1.5 volts on a wire when i turn the key. this wire should only be getting 1.5v when the engine is firing so i have no clue why its doing that. I then move on to another thing my friend unplugs 3 connectors to the coil packs and the car starts and then we turn it off we were all shocked that it ran on 3 out of 6 cylinders…i dont know what going on i unplug the ecu i check the ecu for burn marks and the ecu seems fine…….. So right now i think its a relay named (NISSAN 0.47UF) this relay is connected to the the wire that goes to the coil pack harness… The relay has no continiuty but can a relay cause all this crazyness any input help would be great thanks :unsure: :unsure:

MY CAR IS A NISSAN 240SX 1995 S14 WITH A SERIES 2 RB25DET (R33 SKYLINE GTST MOTOR)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Wyatt TalleyWyatt Talley
      Participant

Please only post this in 1 place. no need to post it all over the forum. Thanks.

Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
        Participant

I’m trying to understand what your attempting to explain.
          First
          Your seeing continuous voltage on 1/2 the coils …
          Which explains the coil pack failing.
          The signal to command the coil pack to fire on certain cylinders is a function by product of the cam / crank sensors, distributor sensor and ecm.
          If your seeing continuous voltage where it should be triggered.
          You have some diagnostics to do.

MadhushankaMadhushanka
          Participant

0.47UF is not a relay. It is a capacitor.

Billy AndrewsBilly
            Participant

Wow, nice necro.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…