Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2001 Pontiac aztek overheating issue

2001 Pontiac aztek overheating issue

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2001 Pontiac aztek overheating issue

• Creator
    Topic
    Josh .IJosh.I
    Participant

i have tried everything.1st it had a radiator leak so i fixed that hoping that would be the problem….Nope still overheating.i tried bleeding the cooling system (well tried!) when i open he cap and start the car it seems to create endless amount of bubbles so bleeding it is not working.I removed the thermostat about 6 months ago and it didn’t overheat for the 6 months it wasn’t in there.but now 6 months later its starts overheating again.And i know these 3.4l engine are know to be complete crap and they are.But i check the oil its not milking or anything either is the coolant so the head isn’t bad (yet) it has a brand new radiator.i just can’t think of anymore thing it could be.The water pump?.i will drive about 5 miles and it will start to get hot if i give it a lot of gas it cools back down..Now if i didn’t know any better i would say that sounds like a thermostat but its not even in the car.Could this be a blockage?.Please help me out on this one guys…..Thanks in advance

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      A toyotakarlIts me

Are you still getting bubbles when you bleed the system? That should not happen and sounds like a head issue (gasket or head itself). You can have exhaust getting in coolant and not oil. This depends where the leaking is occurring. I highly suggest a block test…

Karl

Josh .IJosh.I
        Participant

Ok thanks i will have this done.and yes i am still getting bubbles

college mancollege man

++++1 on the block test. The car should really have
            a thermostat installed.

http://www.ericthecarguy.com/faq/what-to-do-when-your-engine-overheats

BillBill
            Participant

Are the cooling fans working?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…