Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Favorite cars topic? This must be new.

Favorite cars topic? This must be new.

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Favorite Cars Favorite cars topic? This must be new.

• Creator
    Topic
    Jake FJake F
    Participant

First of all, I can’t stress how much I dislike The Ford Company. Their Lincolns are smooth but this ’15 MK something took the fun out of auto gear shifting. Touch buttons, seriously?

My favorite cars are easily the Cadillac CTS V-series. I’m a toyota fan so the lexus in its class is a doozey, but being brought up on cadillacs makes my wild side more passionate about GM. I can’t stand the Cue interface by the way. A CTS-V is my dream car and one I wouldn’t need special tools for. Time to play the lottery.

Attachments:
    Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      ReginaldReginald
      Participant

Obviously most of the most beautiful cars made were between the late 50’s, all through the 60’s and into the early/mid 70’s (most people seem to agree at least). However, in terms of my favorite cars that I could actually see myself driving – I have to go with a lot of the late 70s/early 80s GM and Japanese cars. I just love them. They’re post-extravagant, so I don’t feel “show-offy” in them, in fact I even kinda like them all beat-up if they happen to be that way. It also means they’re relatively inexpensive to purchase, unlike the 1960s cars.

1979 Oldsmobile Delta 88 (Royale too, but really just the 77-79 four door sedans):

Big, comfortable cruisers. I love how they ride, and how they “float”. 😀 And yes, brown/tan combo is the best.
        And it’s cousin, the 1979 Buick LeSabre (77-79 are all good but 79 had the best grille and taillights):

ReginaldReginald
        Participant

(continued)

I’m not really a coupe kind of guy, I usually go for the sedans. However, there is a notable exception: The 1969 Chevrolet Impala coupe.

Needlessly huge, but freaking awesome.
          Now, since I’m used to driving small cars, here’s something I really like.

1979 Datsun 210

Isn’t it just the cutest little thing? 😀 I like the 1981’s too:

You could probably extend that to the Toyota Corolla’s of that vintage as well. Even the wagons are neat.

ReginaldReginald
          Participant

(continued)

I wish I could get my hands on one of these as well.

1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu. Very, very rare. I’d like it especially because nobody would know what it is. 😛

Yeah my taste in cars is a little unorthodox I admit. I don’t really like muscle cars or exotic cars, and I especially dislike SUV’s and minivans. I don’t like “showy” cars for the most part, it’s just not my style. Sorry for the long, triple-post.

Leon AlexanderLeon Alexander
            Participant

I’m actually really happy with my Celica, would prefer a different color, but that can be changed.

I’ve actually always had a thing for some of the older cliche muscle cars like the Iroc-z and Trans-Am/Firebird, but not so much the Vipers, Ferraris, Corvettes, or other high end ones.

86 Chevy Camaro Iroc-Z

78 Pontiac Trans Am

My favorite rare cars are most of the Lotus

I love that my Celica shares an engine with the Lotus Exige

MikeMike
              Participant

[quote=”Temeku” post=179165](continued)

I wish I could get my hands on one of these as well.

1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu. Very, very rare. I’d like it especially because nobody would know what it is. :P[/quote]

Is that the old Vauxhall Firenza sold through Chev, Pontiac and Buick dealerships in Canada back in the 70s? It earned the reputation of being one of the worst cars ever made. They were cute, but that wasn’t enough.

Gary W.Gary W.
                Participant

One that starts, runs and stops.

I’m so old that bling doesn’t impress me anymore. :woohoo:

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Loading…