Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Toyota D4D 1ND-TV – PCV Valve – Positive Crankcase Ventilation – breather hose

Toyota D4D 1ND-TV – PCV Valve – Positive Crankcase Ventilation – breather hose

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Maintenance Forums Toyota D4D 1ND-TV – PCV Valve – Positive Crankcase Ventilation – breather hose

• Creator
    Topic
    Fionn MurrayFionn Murray
    Participant

Dear Community.

Hope all are well.

I am looking at installing a catch can air oil separator on my Toyota Auris 1.4L Diesel 1ND-TV Engine to decrease the amount of oil vaporsdeposits that are being recycled into the intake manifold. Maybe its overkill but I enjoy learning with little mods 🙂

I am having trouble locating where the crankcase blow by gases are released from the engine. So far I have found a hose (maybe its a breather hose) that goes from the main air intake (Intake hose to Turbo Compressor Wheel) to the top of the engine (valve cover maybe). See attached picture, the hose is identified by a red bi-directional arrow.

I am not sure if air flows from the intake hose to the engine or from the engine to the intake hose??

My next step is to see if any hoses are connecting to the air flow pipe after the turbo inter cooler.

Maybe i am searching for something that does not exist in this make of engine.

Many thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions guys.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…