Menu

selecting parts that need replacing

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Maintenance Forums selecting parts that need replacing

• Creator
    Topic
    Paul SlezakPaul Slezak
    Participant

So…I have tooled on my older domestic cars for many repairs that I would prefer to avoid…but $$$ sometimes speaks to do it myself. In this instances I used to always check out autozone, advanced or Orielly depending on my needs. I now also shop online too. I have owned one Toyota and it is getting to the age of time to do some of the work myself time…240K. So I was talking with a brother who has been a Toyota convert for many years prior to me and I was asking him the question of how often he finds replacement parts that he needs that are not metric sized. His response was your doing the Toyota thing wrong buddy…you need a Toyota part, you track down a new Toyota OEM part. You get better life out of a Toyota OEM part and your vehicle will operate like it originally should. Sure I want that, But I want to keep it simple with just needing Metric tools while working on my import vehicle. Do I need to avoid American brands to keep that Metric thing going? What do others do????

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…