Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Honda Pilot transmission fluid change

Honda Pilot transmission fluid change

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Maintenance Forums Honda Pilot transmission fluid change

• Creator
    Topic
    DarrenDarren
    Participant

I have a 2011 Honda Pilot and was wondering if the drain and fill is still the same as in your video? 3 quarts replacement fill?
      Thanks,

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      george gonzalezgeorge gonzalez
      Participant

The 2011 Pilot has the woebegone Honda H5 transmission. early versions of it, before 2005 or so break every 20,000 to 70,000 miles or so– Eric replaced dozens of those when he worked at an Acura dealer. The 2011 version is considerably better than the older ones, but, watch out, it should probably be reated with excess TLC, like fluid exchanges every year or two at most, IMHO. The fluid fill and drain ports should be in the same places, a 1/2 inch square drive bolt on the bottom driver’s side, the fiull port a big 19MM hex head bolt on top of the transmission, below a bunch of air ducts and hoses and wires. I generally first put in a quart of “transmission flush”, about $8, mainly kerosene, but it levitates a whole lot of sludge. Then a day later after driving a bit, I drain out what will come out, then refill with GENUINE Honda fluid. It HAS to be the right Honda fluid, which is a bit more slippery than the default generic fluid. It doesn’t all get replaced in one go, so make a resolution to do it again two more times in the next few months.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…