Menu

05 Tahoe fuel filter?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Maintenance Forums 05 Tahoe fuel filter?

• Creator
    Topic
    Matthew SeiberMatthew Seiber
    Participant

Ok, so I’ve read that the 05 Tahoe fuel filter is located inside the fuel pump assembly in the tank, and I’ve also read that the fuel filter is located on the inside of the frame rail. I’m currently deployed to Afghanistan so can’t look at it myself, but the truck is in the shop and they can’t figure out the fuel volume issue its having. Pump pressure is within factory specs according to the shop. To me, the symptoms sound like that of a clogged fuel filter (I’m sure you’re all familiar).

Having read that Chevy used both systems in that year, can anyone confirm that? I would hate to pay for a new fuel pump assembly when all I need is a fuel filter.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man
        Wyr TwisterWyr Twister
        Participant

I have replaced in tank fuel pumps on older Chevys . There was a ” sock ” filter on the pick up tube and an external fuel filter .

Look up your vehicle on RockAuto.com .

Stay safe and keep your head down . Thank you for wearing the uniform of our country and serving . 🙂

Wyr
          God bless

Wyr TwisterWyr Twister
          Participant

I have replaced in tank fuel pumps on older Chevys . There was a ” sock ” filter on the pick up tube and an external fuel filter .

Look up your vehicle on RockAuto.com .

Stay safe and keep your head down . Thank you for wearing the uniform of our country and serving . 🙂

Wyr
            God bless

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…