Menu

1999 Mazda 626 EGR Valve Code

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge General Automotive Discussion 1999 Mazda 626 EGR Valve Code

• Creator
    Topic
    Allen DensonAllen Denson
    Participant

Hey Everyone!

I have a 1999 Mazda 626 V6 2.5L and I had a P0401 Code come up. It is an EGR flow issue code. The way this engine is set up is CRAZY! The EGR is not in plain sight, it is behind the engine itself (if that makes sense). I am going to post some pics to the thread soon, just cannot from the computer I am typing from now. I have tried YouTube and I have watched Eric’s videos on EGR passage ways which helped me with the concept, just not with my specific car. I have the official Repair service manual and it says ABSOLUTELY nothing on the procedure to remove the EGR Valve, except to “remove it”. I asked a few local shops and they could not even give me a labor price as AllData or whatever they use to give an estimate only showed them the price for a gasket. The mechanic I spoke to yesterday was floored the computer did not give instruction on labor price and removal/installation.

So all that being said, I guess my main question is has anyone else worked on this issue?

Sorry for the long post ANY help I can get will be GREATLY appreciated!

Sincerely,
      Allen

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…