New to the forum

• xXNORDXx
  • xXNORDXx's Avatar Topic Author
  • 1st Gear
  • 1st Gear
More
2 months 4 weeks ago #201675 by xXNORDXx
New to the forum was created by xXNORDXx
Hi, my name is Tobey and I'm addicted to cars.

Nissan Tech is my work.
I own a couple of Nissans , one is a 95 Nissan 240sx {my fun car} ,2017 Rogue {wifes car} bought a 2001 Honda CIvic about 4-5 years ago was the wife's car now it's my winter daily.
My Honda has 244k on the 1.7 vetch auto wow! so many miles how did you keep it alive? many asked lol!
I have replaced a ton of parts and re-sealed lots of gaskets.
Control arms,all for corner brake job,ball joints,tierod ends, oil pump seal,Vtech seal, water housing seal the one that everyone thinks is a leaking head gasket and how I bought this car so cheap,motor mounts,A/C compressor,Alt,valve cover gasket honda only way to go just pay the money, sparks plugs,timing belt even a caveman can do it so easy.
now after all that bla bla I'm trying to save the transmission. flushed the transmission about 2 years ago. a year later it starts acting up.

My Snapon scan tool has pulled no codes but the trans is slipping hard at 3500 to 4000 rpms at about 70-80 mph on the freeway/highway .
while driving on the freeway it goes into a nuetral position like it won't go into gear.
slowing the car down and down shifting into D3 I get back into gear.
I have reason to believe the Transmission control solenoid is failing and have one coming tomorrow.
I tested the solenoid through the Snapon scanner both A and B solenoids click when commanded. I wonder if I'm overlooking something here.
Oh yeah and also the D light of death keeps flickering and after my google search, a lot of people claiming its the shift lock but this car has no shift lock solenoid.
Any input is greatly appreciated .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Advertisement
More
2 months 4 weeks ago #201682 by college man
Replied by college man on topic New to the forum
Welcome to the forum Tobey. What usually happens is the clutch friction material pollutes the valve body and components. flushing it doesn't usually help.
I know thats not what you want to hear. Tobey maybe you can help me with a question? I have a 2013 Nissan Altima. I bought a wifi dongle and a app called
obd fusion which was supposed to let me read my transmission temperature so I could change my cvt fluid and set the level. well it does not show it. but I can
add a custom PID. The problem is that no one knows the PID number for the transmission pan temp. By any chance would your snap on scan tool be able to tell
you the PID? I'm guessing that you would need to scan the rogue. Let me know if you can help. Frustrating being so close but yet so far. Thanks, college man

Believe it or not Iam trying to help you.

Proud to be Eric The Car Guy Certified.

Over 10,000 posts strong.

Mobil1 New Jersey highway tested everyday.

• xXNORDXx
  • 1st Gear
  • 1st Gear
More
2 months 4 weeks ago - 2 months 4 weeks ago #201696 by xXNORDXx
Replied by xXNORDXx on topic New to the forum
I will look into it with our Nissan consult 3 and see what i can find for you. Assuming you have the QR25 4cyl right?
Last edit: 2 months 4 weeks ago by xXNORDXx.

• xXNORDXx
  • 1st Gear
  • 1st Gear
More
2 months 4 weeks ago #201698 by xXNORDXx
Well Nissan consult 3 doesn't display the PID but, my Snapon scanner did it showed 1.8 for trans temp at normal operation in PID format 50 degrees C and 104 degrees F in non PID Format. I was trying to download the Snapon tool software to get a real screen shot but work computers suck.

what all do you need to configure excatly?
I will try again at home on my linux laptop.

• xXNORDXx
  • 1st Gear
  • 1st Gear
More
2 months 4 weeks ago #201703 by xXNORDXx
Replaced the transmission control solenoid today and fixed my blinking D light issue . On the 2001 Honda Civic difficulty level 4 because of location under the thermostat housing. But and easy enough fix for 40$

Advertisement
More
2 months 3 weeks ago #201706 by college man

xXNORDXx wrote: I will look into it with our Nissan consult 3 and see what i can find for you. Assuming you have the QR25 4cyl right?

Yep the QR25/ 2.5 L

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #201707 by college man

xXNORDXx wrote: Replaced the transmission control solenoid today and fixed my blinking D light issue . On the 2001 Honda Civic difficulty level 4 because of location under the thermostat housing. But and easy enough fix for 40$

Thats great. Always good to dodge a bullet.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #201708 by college man

xXNORDXx wrote: Well Nissan consult 3 doesn't display the PID but, my Snapon scanner did it showed 1.8 for trans temp at normal operation in PID format 50 degrees C and 104 degrees F in non PID Format. I was trying to download the Snapon tool software to get a real screen shot but work computers suck.

what all do you need to configure excatly?
I will try again at home on my linux laptop.

What this app wants to know is for a custom PID is OBD mode which I used 22 for enhanced. PID # This is the number I did not know for Trans temp. it needs the PID
# to know where to look at. Then it needs the equation which calculates itself. I talked with tech support of the app about this and they could not help. They said if I purchase the Enhanced diagnostics that maybe it will read or be there. I would not have a problem purchasing the advanced portion but its without guarantee. I'm
skeptical of wasting more money and still have nothing or the part I need. Trans temp. I greatly appreciate all your help. I will need to try this PID # and see if it works.
I will keep you posted on the progress.

Last edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by college man.

• xXNORDXx
  • 1st Gear
  • 1st Gear
More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #201720 by xXNORDXx
I have Android elm fob with an app called torque and torque reads the trans temp on my rogue. The app is free I have the pro series it was 6 $

Also you can shoot the pan with a temp gun I do that all the time when I don't have time to wait for the consult. You have to pop the 14mm plug next to the oil pan and let it drain to a thin stream. Then put the plug back in . I usually put 4.4 quarts of NS3 in the trans.

While the motor is running and trans in park or neutral . let fluid drain from the 2nd plug to a slow dribble or stream. some Altima cars require you to drop the pan as they don't have a 19mm drain plug reuse the pan gasket.
Last edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by xXNORDXx.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #201759 by college man
I wish I had the android. Mine is IOS thats why I went with OBD fusion. I was going to use the Infra red method, I just thought it would be easier to read trans temp.
I do have the 19mm drain plug. I'm going to pull the pan down to wipe off the two magnets that live inside the pan. I did try the PID you gave me with no luck.
I believe that I will not get it unless I try the enhanced diagnostics with know guarantee. Thank you Brother for all your help and assistance.

Advertisement
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds